baseball, poetry, and kim chi

Thursday, April 28, 2005

El Pobre Mouse #2

On my way out for my evening class I found El Pobre Mouse #2 waiting for me. Very nice surprise. don’t know if you can tell from the photo, but there is a collage on the front.
Here are the folks that are in it:

Gayle Leyton, Lee Ballentine, Kyle Kaufman, Matt Langley, Dylan Hock, Dave Gardner, Carl Della Badia, Jim Goar, Marlowe Fawcett, Max Whetstine, Nikki Widner, Aaron Auslender, Kari Edwards, Patrick Scanlon & Melissa Ayala, Justin Kishbaugh, Summer Rodman, Melissa R. Benham, Ellen Redbird, Stacy Elaine Dacheux, Jenny Wennlund, John Sullivan, Delia Tramontina, Thomas Henwood

Nice note from Kyle. Will have to spend some time with this Pobre Mouse and its crawdad on the cover. The next submission period is open until June. If you want to review this magazine or drop Kyle & Sara some poems, here is the address:

sarahandkyle at earthlink.net

I understand there will be a web site up and running soon.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Matthew Langley said...

Jim,

hey, this is Matt Langley--Melissa forwarded me yr blog address and I thought I'd drop you a line. I'm actually going to be in Seoul for the month of June (I'm tutoring for a Korean family and they're taking me on a paid vacation--unbelievable)and perhaps we could meet up for a beer, discuss the idea of "no-culture", and pat each other on the back for our wonderful poems in el pobre (thought yrs was great,)--hope all is well. drop me a line (langley76@hotmail.com)

matt

11:35 PM

 
Anonymous kyle said...

hey i recognize that photo - nice surprise.

i heartily encourage all el pobre poet hook ups and am glad you like your "customized".

we are getting these out - the rich and famous dine w/ pobre.

more soon.

k

2:43 PM

 
Blogger JWG said...

Matt,
I am past “no-culture”. The thought was too much for, or the thought only exposed, my itsy-bitsy brain. Will stick with WWE from now on. It is on at all hours over here. We even get all the big events for free.

9:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

World Wrestling Entertainment Can All be found for free here, check it out at Fight TV come see what all the fuss is about WWE action

8:55 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW WWE The Most Powerful World wrestling Entertainment for free, Geez this is cool!!!

5:05 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home