baseball, poetry, and kim chi

Friday, June 24, 2005

Ellipsis

Richard Froude is editing a new magazine called Ellipsis. They are looking to bring the serial back to our lives. This is what they say:

Ellipsis... is currently seeking the following:
• One-shot short stories between 5-10 pages
• Three-month serials, divided into 10-15 page installments
• Serial poetry of any length
• Black-and-white illustrations or other relevant artwork
There are no genre restrictions in Ellipsis...
Detective stories, science-fiction, realism, magic realism, juvenile literature, westerns, romance, horror – our only restriction is quality.

Check out the company You’d be with:

Laird Hunt, author of The Impossibly and Indiana, Indiana
J. Mark Powell, author of Prodigals
Daniel Wallace, author of Big Fish and The Watermelon King
Steve Almond, author of My Life in Heavy
Metal and The Evil B.B.Chow
Dennis Hopper, cinematic icon
Anne Waldman, renowned poet and activist
Tim Blake Nelson, actor/director
Joe Pernice, of The Pernice Brothers
Steve Schilz, of Longwave
Ivan Howard and Kelly Crisp, aka The Rosebuds
Jim James of My Morning Jacket
Tim Kasher of Cursive and The Good Life
Ben Barnett of Kind Of Like Spitting
Will Scheff, of Okkervil River
Charles Bissell, of The Wrens



I sent off some work today. great that they caught Dennis Hopper of Fishing with John fame.

11 Comments:

Blogger Sean Mac said...

there'll also be an article on small press publishing featuring melissa benham, summer rodman, and yours truly.

12:29 PM

 
Blogger Radish King said...

I've been craving Froot Loops but I can't even afford the cheap fruit-sweetened kind in the bag on the bottom shelf at the market. Also, have you noticed
what a weird color Froot Loops are these days? They're much brighter than they used to be. I'm thinking they use lots of cochineal beetles in them.

Also, I was listening to cartoons a couple Saturdays ago and I heard about 2 things I absolutely need. One was a Flo-Motion jump rope and the other was S'Mores breakfast cereal. I think I may have hallucinated the cereal since I haven't seen it in any stores.

7:46 PM

 
Blogger JWG said...

Rebecca,

You get fruit loop commercials, I get public service announcements from the US Army. Yesterday, while watching the finals, they told me that drinking alcohol will get you drunk. As if… For sure… What kind of propaganda is that? We also saw Condi talking to the military during three different time outs. of course, each talk was the same, bc it was taped. Watching Condi talk brought up Chaucer and gap teeth and we wondered, is it true?

Congrats on the work in Typo. You certainly don’t brag as much as I do

7:52 PM

 
Blogger Radish King said...

I'm sorry you had to see Condi. As for the alcohol stuff, what a load of crap! Alcohol doesn't kill people, debutantes do. Congrats on your poem, too. I liked it even though it had flowers in it. The sugar cubes and the red plastic forgave the flowers.

7:57 PM

 
Blogger JWG said...

Kyle, Summer, Melissa

Good work spreading the word

7:58 PM

 
Blogger JWG said...

I hate flowers

8:05 PM

 
Blogger Radish King said...

Hummingbirds, on the other hand, are divine. Especially that sound they make arriving, that little snick like a bug in a zapper.

9:54 PM

 
Blogger Radish King said...

p.s. if you were here, you could have saturday twice.

10:31 PM

 
Blogger JWG said...

I could fly to the west coast and lose about zero time. But i hate to fly

10:36 PM

 
Blogger Radish King said...

Do you have a dingy?

11:11 PM

 
Blogger Radish King said...

Something is screwy with my comments. Whenever I try to comment on my own blog everything disappears and my comments are disabled. This has happened before. I will survive!

12:38 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home