baseball, poetry, and kim chi

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

immigration or the courts

Been planning it for days, but tomorrow is it, I am going to immigration. Been here for a year and everything seems in proportion, except that trip to immigration feels like it happened a few weeks ago. go in. wait in line. always angry strangers. always packed tight. not much in the way of ac. impossible forms. And the always. Did I forget something? Are they going to deport me? Am I due for a fine? so I keep putting it off and getting closer to that fine.

Did anyone see the game the other day? I was not, am not, a fan of either team. But that was some great basketball. Horry dunking on the Pistons was splendid. Made me start shouting like one of those guys in a beer commercial. Ohs and ahs and even a shit! (vocal) came out. And then when he hit that 3 pointer at the end. Well, that was one of the best games I have seen a guy have. Of course there are bigger names and more points scored. But coming from Horry, who seems to always do it, but remains a roll player, spectacular. Remember when he was at the University of Alabama and they knocked the University of Arizona out of the tournament. Didn’t like him much then. Hope this series goes 7.

So, if you will notice, I have a new excuse for not going to immigration tomorrow. The game takes place in the middle of the day. And after the game I will either be 1. too excited and in the end too tired. or 2. I will need to get down to the court and practice my moves on some unsuspecting undergrad.

If only I could jump.

7 Comments:

Blogger Radish King said...

What language is this Horry dunking on the Pistons?

1:23 PM

 
Blogger JWG said...

Is it Konglish?

8:03 PM

 
Blogger Radish King said...

Kinglush?

11:14 PM

 
Blogger JWG said...

I feel like there is harassment going on here. There are tears. I’ve run it through spell check 10 times. I am distraught. just got done watching the game and now I have to go to immigration. When I come back, if there is another message, it better be nice… or else …

11:55 PM

 
Blogger Radish King said...

Can I offer you a Poptart?

9:36 AM

 
Blogger JWG said...

pop tart it is. Thank you

11:39 AM

 
Blogger Radish King said...

I'm somewhat ashamed that I forgot the hyphen in Pop-tart, or pop-tart.

Do you know that pop-tarts, if left in a toaster, can shoot out flames up to 5 feet high?

9:57 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home