baseball, poetry, and kim chi

Friday, June 17, 2005

Rejection from Fence.

International coupons etc are beyond me. don’t have any idea how to go about lining those things up. so all my rejections, which come in the mail, go to my folk’s place. Then my mother, in her lovely daily e-mail, tells me I got rejected from this or that publication. And this, the rejection, does not hurt me. I am so used to it. But I think it bothers my mom. Not that she is disappointed in me, just that she thinks I am disappointed, and no matter how many times I tell her it is no big deal, she always write stuff like, “Those jerks” or “those idiots” don’t want your work. Good to know someone is definitely on my side.

So all you editors out there, stop hurting my mother. Accept the damn piece. You'll be making the world a better place.

5 Comments:

Blogger Andrew said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:41 AM

 
Blogger Andrew said...

Those jerks... No, I'm not your mother. I swear!

4:42 AM

 
Blogger Radish King said...

I love that your mom does that. I call my son from work when the mail comes and makes him open them for me. He says the same kinds of things your mom does. I'm a wimp.

p.s. Fence rejected me too, again. Those jerks.

11:36 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

fence is a waste of time.

12:36 PM

 
Blogger Pirooz M. Kalayeh said...

Too funny.

1:35 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home