baseball, poetry, and kim chi

Thursday, June 09, 2005

Snow Monkey

Good evening everyone. Things seem to be working again. While I was in class the technician must have come by and sorted this connection out. The new stuff. Snow Monkey accepted a few pieces. Of course, this makes me happy. Strange feeling though, and it happens with every acceptance, I wonder if this piece shouldn’t be in another magazine. Acceptance seems so permanent. There will be no more dating. no more looking around for that perfect mate. The decision has been made. It has a home. And this home is good. Just no more slutting around.

I bought the Star Wars DVD. Think everyone has seen it by now, but how many of you have seen the beginning “long time ago…” in Russian? Well, I did. Anyone want to help me out? Did I miss anything? How bad was the dialogue? Don’t know how Skywalker ever got laid talking like that. His force must be strong.

6 Comments:

Blogger richard lopez said...

russian? is the dvd a bootleg? I've not seen the film, since I was pretty pissed at _the phantom menace_ because it was godawful. tho I heard that the new flick redeems the franchise. and I love _star wars_ must've seen it about a 1000 times.

4:19 PM

 
Blogger Sean Mac said...

i saw the new movie a couple weeks ago and it left me sad - actually, it left me depressed. remember to take strong irony pills before viewing.

2:59 PM

 
Blogger Tony said...

Snow Monkey publishes a lot of interesting writing. You're in good hands.

4:30 PM

 
Blogger JWG said...

Tony,

I would feel this way even if it was (fill in the blank). I have nothing but respect for snow monkey. Wouldn't have sent it to them otherwise. Thanks for the tip though. Always nice to know that there are others out there who like it too. My work will be up in 06.

8:50 PM

 
Blogger JWG said...

Richard,

yes, it is a bootleg. good quality. no complaints. been able to build up my dvd collection to about 800 over the past few years.

12:01 AM

 
Blogger Radish King said...

The monkey is good. I liked your post about dancing, too.

5:04 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home