baseball, poetry, and kim chi

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

communication on the court

Why is it so fun when yr playing basketball and yr man goes to screen another player on yr team, and you call out, “screen on yr left” and yr teammate recognizes it and when the man he is guarding tries to use the screen and you say, “I got man” and switch men and follow a new guy around the court for awhile? Why do I get such a thrill out of it when that switch works seamlessly? I think it is even more fun than a basket, rebound or assist. Just good smart basketball. Even better when said screen is set up so the other team can run a back door and you say all the right things and switch to the cutter and the play is foiled. Great stuff, but I sprained my finger.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

When the mind and body are in unison, each instance of unison within the scope of those moments, carries the flawlessness of our own grace and integrity.

6:48 PM

 
Blogger Burt Kristbaum said...

Um...Your mama was a snowblower. I once heard that and I cannot forget it. Lookie here anona-my, it's basketball. You wouldn't get it.

2:43 AM

 
Blogger Sean Mac said...

kristbaum, you lay offa anony. he is a wise old taoist priest, sitting serene and drunk by a wild river. he says this from his heart, but with poor dubbing. and he says it so early in the morning - those taoist masters were deep.

6:32 PM

 
Blogger Pirooz M. Kalayeh said...

I agree with, Kaufman. Burt have some compassion.

8:01 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home