baseball, poetry, and kim chi

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

the finger

This disaster deserves to be beyond politics. tired of reading something to the extent of, “hope this pushes the Bush admin over the edge.” We don’t love Bush, I understand. But this is the question. How many of you have donated yr time to this? Not talking about putting a few bucks forth, but actually getting in your car and driving somewhere. First step, to a relief office (red cross etc) and asking what you can do. Second, actually getting in yr car and driving to New Orleans with a plan of how to help. Bet very few of us have. Easier to sit and complain than to take action. I hear yr/my complaints, but we are all a part of this, none of our hands are clean. It has been a week, we ask where the fed gov is, but I want to know where you are. I know I have failed in this. I am still in Korea. Red cross has been able to buy a meal for three from what I sent in. I could have done much more, and still could, but won’t. Why don’t we look at ourselves for a change?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jim Goar!

12:47 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll give you the finger!

5:50 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you wouldnt be the first. Would you flick your tooth at me? Rather a good moon.

jim

4:41 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home