baseball, poetry, and kim chi

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

scary good

Had a great day yesterday. Good friends all around, then in the evening went out and met a beautiful and intelligent girl. Flawless English, can’t tell you how nice it is to talk without worrying about making things simple. But this is the highlight. We are getting a good drink on and the waiter comes up with a couple of basketballs. He talks to my friend. She asks me if I want to shoot and try to win a prize. I wasn’t too excited. Drinking. trying to impress. failure in basketball was not what I wanted her to see. But the longer I thought about it (2 seconds) the better the idea seemed, so I said ok. He took us into the hallway where a hoop was set up. He moved me all the way back to the wall. Beyond NBA 3 point range and told me to shoot. Missed the first. swished the next two, then rattled a third in. Dude, I was hot. I was impressive. I was an athlete for a moment, then we went back to drinking, but she had a better idea of who she was dealing with.

5 Comments:

Blogger JWG said...

won two wine glasses and a guiness glass

9:02 PM

 
Blogger Pirooz M. Kalayeh said...

somehow this reminds me of a movie.

9:07 PM

 
Blogger JWG said...

it is such like a movie. real people are not supposed to make a basket with the inteligent/lovely girl watching. I wish it was on film. I even rolled up my sleves and unbottoned the top button of my shirt for better freedom of motion.

9:18 PM

 
Blogger Pirooz M. Kalayeh said...

Dude, you almost made me snarf.

I was eating some cheerios when I read 'unbuttoned the top button of my shirt for better freedom of motion.'

Almost sent Cheerios everywhere.

That line is definitely worth a poem. Make it flarf, even add a little Spice while you're at it, and drop some footnotes to Lorca at the bottom.

Even better**

**footnotes to my future wife.

Followed, by, of course, insane clown laughter slightly reminiscent of the Count on Sesame Street.

2:43 AM

 
Anonymous Dick Vitale said...

Look out baby! Showtime! The big man Jimmy Goar is on fire! Coach better call a timeout! That's why this kid's an All-American! Oh my!

10:12 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home