baseball, poetry, and kim chi

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Whole Milk is ready and waiting for you


from Effing Press: WHOLE MILK by Jim Goar

3.75 x 5.75
40 pages
saddle-stitched
covers and interior illustrations by Josh Rios
w/ handmade Korean endpapers
$6.00


a few of the things some people have said about the book (As found on Scott’s blog):



"I don't know what the words in it mean but the book fits in my back pocket and I look hotter and thinner when it is there."

-- girl on street

"Jim Goar writes some good English for a Korean."

-- guy at bus stop

"When I get high with you in the near future this little book of Jim Goar's is what I'll want to reach for"

-- ANNON

"Any book with two poems that begin with the line 'a tree sprouted from my penis' is destined to break new ground. "

-- publisher's mom



Posted by Picasa

13 Comments:

Blogger sara* said...

yay!

congratulations! the book looks wonderful,..i'll be getting my copy muy pronto.

scott at effing always does really great books.

hey, i heard you'll be in SF soon? it'll be great to see you...xoxo

sara

7:05 PM

 
Blogger the IMAGINATIVE ACTION REGIME said...

looks good.

SF? no LA? hmmmm.

8:18 PM

 
Blogger JWG said...

actuall leaning more toward LA right now. Thai air has a direct flight from Bangkok, and it is hard for me to pass up bangkok, and I'd love to see you and the P man. the whole thing is up in the air. Would have been sf,la,tucson,austin. now maybe just la,tucson,austin then out to NC. shit.

12:12 AM

 
Blogger JWG said...

I need to see baseball wherever i go

12:12 AM

 
Blogger David said...

O.K....I want my copy. BTW...how long will you be in Brevard?

8:27 AM

 
Blogger the IMAGINATIVE ACTION REGIME said...

either way, very excited. can't wait to get my copy. so amazed by you!

1:26 PM

 
Blogger Pirooz M. Kalayeh said...

HA HA AH --0i0ui0

Those are the greatest quotes ever. The one with your ma makes it for me.

We'll have to celebrate properly when you come to town.

6:25 PM

 
Blogger Radish King said...

I ordered one and I won't lose it or leave it another country or claim that my mother cooked it into the tuna noodle casserole or some such.

I hope there aren't too many birds in it.

6:27 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

P. yes we will rock out in LA. and the note from a mom is Scott's mom, though my mom might have a similar reaction
R. there is a bird, but you wont hate it.

Jim

8:48 PM

 
Blogger richard lopez said...

looking good, jim. congratulations

12:50 AM

 
Blogger JWG said...

D.
brevard will be sometime july - august

3:53 AM

 
Blogger JWG said...

Thanks to you Richard.
thanks to you sara. Sf is in my heart.

3:54 AM

 
Blogger JWG said...

thanks to all of you who've ordered.

5:13 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home