baseball, poetry, and kim chi

Thursday, June 22, 2006

On waking today I realize again just how OK I am with the loss. I get my life back. It was a fun few weeks, but I am not really a soccer fan, just enjoy the World Cup celebration, but, after a few weeks, I tire of the game. No, that is not right, the game is lovely. I just tire of watching grown men roll around on the field as though they had been shot. I tire of the ref being the most important person on the field. I tire of this grand excuse for nationalism. These things shouldn’t bother me as much as they do, but they do, so I have had my fill. Will watch the rest of the games as my schedule permits, not as the world cup schedule dictates. Sure in 4 years I will be very very ready again. Some days I really do enjoy it.

1 Comments:

Blogger John Sakkis said...

football is fun but but comes no where near baseball...

11:52 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home