baseball, poetry, and kim chi

Sunday, June 04, 2006

Went to the horse races yesterday. Horses won. Horses lost. No booze sold. The grandstand was full. maybe there was a big race. no idea really. S. was great company, but she had less idea of the goings on than I did. We learned how to bet. we bet. money was lost. we watched races and people. people looked pretty beat down. Reminded me of the track in Tucson. One horse stuck its tongue out at me. I bet on it. it lost. I watched a horse run straight down the track for a few hundred yards, then veer off to the right and finally, after all the other horses had finished, minutes after the other horses had finished, come into sight around the final bend and receive applause from the packed grandstand. The horse looked above it all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home